About OBC Cell
The Central University of Rajasthan has been established by an Act of parliament “Central Universities Act, 2009”. The University is committed to provide an environment that promotes diversity and respects everyone regardless of colour, religious belief, caste, creed or cultures. While maintaining diversity of all kinds, it also commits to ensuring protection of everyone including minorities and acting as per the provisions of Constitution of India in such matters. In order to create a living and working environment where all employees and students feel safe and respected. In order to ensure due compliance of the orders of reservation issued from time to time in favour of OBC and to ensure prompt disposal of the Grievances of the employees of OBC Category, there is a need to establish an OBC Cell.
Constitution of OBC Cell
Dr. Ajit Kumar Patra
Liaison officer for OBC (nominated by the Vice Chancellor)
Dr. Jay Kant Yadav
Dr. Kaisar Raza
Dr. Ritu Singh
Dr. Devendra Rankawat
Objectives of the OBC Cell
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in University and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programmes of the Government of India and UGC.
- To educate, enlighten and empower the students and staff of OBC categories in the university to make use of the facilities extended by the Govt. and other agencies for their educational & occupational career.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non-teaching positions in the universities and analyze the data showing the trends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota.
Functions of the OBC Cell
- To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by the University/ Government of India and UGC (University Grant Commission) and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admission of candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes in the University in prescribed form within the stipulated date, and to take follow-up action, wherever required.
- To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by Government of India and University Grants Commission’s decisions in respect of appointment and promotion for teaching and non-teaching posts in the University in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action wherever required.
- To collect reports, orders and information issued by Government of India and the UGC on the various aspects of Education, Training and Employment of other Backward Classes candidates for evolving new Policies or modifying existing policies.
- To analyses information so collected and prepare reports and digests for onward transaction to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, University Grant Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To monitor the working of the remedial Coaching Scheme in the University for OBC students, including Minorities students.
- To organize and monitor special coaching/training/ remedial coaching scheme in the University for OBC and Minorities students to prepare them for UGC-NET/SLET/JRF/SET/other Competitive Examinations.
- To co-ordinate through university with Govt. (State & Central), UGC and such other organizations to get Scholarship/freeship/other financial benefits for OBC & minority students.
- To deal with representations received from Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Minorities Candidates regarding their admission, Scholarships, Recruitment, Promotion and other similar matters in the University.
- To function as a Grievances Redress Cell for the grievances of OBC students and staff including Minorities students and employees of the University and render them necessary help in solving their academic, research as well as administrative problems.
- To maintain a database of candidates belonging to OBC and Minorities in the University and colleges to facilitate in placement service.
- Any other works assigned by the University from time to promote higher education among OBC students and staff.
- The OBC Cell will exclusively look after the work related to the OBC and Minorities, No other work will be assigned to it.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any events at the campus.
Dr. Ajit Kumar Patra
Central University of Rajasthan
:01463 - 238731