Master of Science in Applied Yogic Sciences from TM University, Bhagalpur, Bihar Yoga Bharati, 2001; Ph.D. in Sleep medicine and Meditation from Swami Vivekanand Yoga Anusandhan Samsthan (S-VYASA University), Bengaluru, 2011
- Sleep medicine
- Autonomic function tests including EEG
- Physiology of Asana, Kriya, Meditation and Pranayama
Title of the study
Swami Vivekananda Yoga AnussandhanaSamsthana
(S-VYASA University), Bangalore
March - 2011
Effect of Meditation on Sleep Architecture and Subjective sleep rating
MSc (Applied Yogic Sciences)
T. M. University, Bhagalpur, Bihar Yoga Bharati
Aug - 2001
Physiological effect of Cleansing techniques (Yogic Kriya)
Research interest includes
- Polysomnography with 32 channels EEG
- Clinical electrophysiological techniques such as Autonomic and respiratory variables including heart rate variability, (HRV) Electroencephalography (EEG), Brain stem and middle latency auditory evoked potentials
- Pulmonary functions using a computerized spirometer
- Neuropsychology test battery for understanding higher functions of the Brain
|S. No.||Authors||Title of Article||Journal/Conference Details||Journal/Conference||Publication Year|
Neurophysiological correlates of Sleep and Completed
Wakefulness in Meditators
Effect of Abhyangam (Ayurvedic massage) in Completed
the dynamic change of Brain wave patterns
Effect Vedic mathematics and Pranayama in Cognitive Completed
Variables in children
Mantra chanting in Autonomic and respiratory On-going
Variables in novices
Efficacy of Yoga and Ayurveda in the cognitive On-going
Variables in Geriatrics
Efficacy of Integrative Yoga module for varicose vein On-going
- Delivered a series of talk on Stress management and Physiology of stress to the executives of ONGC, HAL, BEL, RBI and Canara bank managers
- Bansal B. & Patra S. (2018). A comparative study in the management of Cancer between alternative and modern medicine, 22nd INCOFYRA, S-VYASA, Bengaluru
Shravani S. &Patra S. (2018). Mantra chanting can be an effective tool for the management of Cancer, 22nd INCOFYRA, S-VYASA, Bengaluru
Vasant V. Shastri, Alex Hankey, Sanjib Patra (2015). Efficacy of Vedic mathematics and yogic breathing in school children - a pilot study; Vedic mathematics conference, Hong Kong.
Indukala A. & Patra, S. (2016). Annamayakosha from the perspective of science; published in the conference proceedings of 21st INCOFYRA, Bengaluru.
Anirudha A. &Patra, S. (2016). Pranamyakosha from the perspective of science; published in the conference proceedings of 21st INCOFYRA, Bengaluru.
Bansal B. & Patra, S. (2016). Manomayakosha from the perspective of science; published in the conference proceedings of 21st INCOFYRA, Bengaluru.
Nayak S. & Patra, S. (2016). Vijnanamayakosha from the perspective of science; published in the conference proceedings of 21st INCOFYRA, Bengaluru.
Pandey S. & Patra, S. (2016). Anandamayakosha from the perspective of science; published in the conference proceedings of 21st INCOFYRA, 2016, Bengaluru.
Vasant V. Shastri, Alex Hankey, SanjibPatra (2016). Algebraic Patterns associated with Vedic Mathematics to Shorten Integration of Quadratic Formulae, 1stVedic mathematics conference, Kolkata.
Conducted a five days’ workshop on ‘Sleep techniques’ from August 18 to 25, 2019 in Hohhot city, China
Conducted a Syllabus designating workshop for Faculties of Yunnan Minzu University (YMU) for MSc program in Yoga and Ethnic studies in India – China Yoga College, YMU, Kunming, China from June 28 to July 05, 2017.
Conducted a two days’ workshop in Singapore from May 17 to 18, 2017 in Union Yogaayurvda Institute, Singapore